1.12.2012

for the love of craigslist


i have definite affinity for finding treasures on craigslist. this has been something that i've loved doing for years & the results have yielded some of my very favorite pieces in our home. my last purchase was a gorgeous settee/love seat (first seen here....check back for after pictures coming soon!) for our new hearth room. i've realized in recent weeks that moving from a small cape cod to a much more spacious home will definitely require some additional furniture on our part. with all of the recent house updates we've been making, our furniture budget has definitely been put on the back burner. my solution is my trusty old friend, craigslist. i can say with confidence that my husband m is definitely not always on board for my treasure hunting. in fact, he often finds my so-called treasures questionable, to say the least! i try to remind him that with a little creativity & work, these one of a kind items will be gems in our home. i must give him credit as he is a trooper...i couldn't ask for a more supportive husband as he always makes the trek with me -- wherever we need to go -- to pick up my latest obsession. later tonight, we have a trip scheduled to pick up this little beauty:



gorgeous, right?!! okay...so perhaps not so gorgeous right now but with a little love & elbow grease, i'm confident it will fit right in at our new home.  the question is...what to do with it?  this is no doubt the most fun part of my craigslist makeovers.  i absolutely love pondering the potential options....paint color, hardware, patterns....the options are seemingly endless.  can't wait to share what i come up with.  stay tuned for the finished project...hopefully coming soon!


2 comments:

  1. love it. a friend of mine has a similar one at her 100 y.o. farmhouse...antique and this amazing shade of blue with that "weathered" look to it! you go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete